What type of clinician would you like SNATS to provide in Spring 2018?

Friday, April 15, 2016

Thank you and what's next

Darlings,

Bravi tutti on last night's performance! I enjoyed every moment, and it was such a joy seeing each of you take chances. Everyone was further along than even last week, and shed some inhibitions. It was pretty exciting to see the adrenaline coursing through your bodies! Some of you sang better than I'd ever heard you, because you were dramatically invested. You were complete professionals: I was so pleased to come backstage and to find you silent and focused. As with any performance, there were things that didn't go quite as planned, but you rolled with it. That's the challenge and the joy of live performance! I was so proud of you.

It's wonderful that you have a chance to refine it when we repeat the performance tomorrow. If you have things you know you'd like to improve, you know what to do. Review your score, walk through it physically, speak it, work it mentally, etc. I said I wouldn't give you notes, but tomorrow morning I'll probably give each performer one little thing you might do to take your performance to the next level. We must never give up the quest to do it better the next time: it's what keeps ups motivated.

We'll meet at 9:30 at my office and HRH to load props and set pieces. Let's divide our group in half: folks that can carry heavier items, meet me downstairs. Everyone else, meet at my office. There are a few ruffled shirts still on the clothes rack, so PLEASE check to be sure you have everything you need before we leave the building. Double check for socks, shoes, and accessories that are easy to forget. I propose we do the show straight through without intermission: that will have us finished by about 1pm or so. I'm going there today to get a sense of the space.

Thank you so very much for the flowers and cards. I was truly touched, and will treasure and keep your cards always. I must confess that I was taken aback by the gift card...you are college students, and shouldn't be giving me money. That was very generous and far too kind. Here's how I want to spend it: I would like to take all of you out for pizza, and I will pick up the remainder of the check. If everyone is available, we can do it right after our performance Saturday. I'd like to hope we'll have everything unloaded back at school by 2pm, so we could be heading to Giuseppe's by then. If even one person can't go, however, let's do it Thursday after watching the video, which again shouldn't take longer than an hour. I want everyone to be able to go! It wouldn't be right if someone were missing, and of course everyone is very busy.

As always, you know I love y'all MADLY. What a team you are!

No comments:

Voice Performance Class 4/19

We will all meet together in HRH today, 4/19/19.