Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Thursday, December 22, 2011
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Folks, Diction will meet on Wednesday and Friday from 1:25 to 2:15 pm, most likely in HC 307 (room to be confirmed after January 3). Please also reserve the same time on Monday for occasional "catch-up" class meetings. This is the "1F" time block. We will register students via "Independent Study," and Dr. Irving will be the "instructor of record." Don't be thrown by this whe you register: Dr. Cho will teach the class.
Class information: MU 399-00B, Independent Studies (CRN 32587), 2 semester hours of credit.
Monday, December 19, 2011
Folks, it's that time: please email me your schedule for the spring so I may set voice lesson times. Lessons will begin Monday, January 9. I believe all of us talked about repertoire you should have prepared for your first lesson: if you are at all confused or uncertain, please email me.
If you have not registered for lessons yet, please do so ASAP. I have cleared all of you to register. If you have any trouble registering, email me with your B00 and I will clear you again.
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
I was so proud of you today, and to be able to be with you one last time. You had me all choked up. Thank you for your beautiful singing, your collaborative spirit, and for giving your time during this finals week. You are loved and appreciated...even if you didn't want to go to YoMo. ;-)
The following is from Dr. Panion, who arranged our appearance at the Rotary. Enjoy!
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
- Please get there by 10am. Folks with finals, come ASAP, as we'll need to run a few things in the space, much as we did at Southside.
- Park across the street in the parking deck and BRING YOUR TICKET INSIDE the Harbert Center for them to give you a sticker for it. When you exit the parking deck, go out one of the monitored exits; your parking costs will then be free.
- You WILL be fed! You'll eat from the same buffet as everyone else.
- The moving van will be parked in the alley behind the Harbert Center, and we will load up the stairway from there. The easiest thing is to come in the front entrance, and have them point you in the right direction.
- Afterwards, we'll make three unloading stops: one at the Theatre Prop Shop at 4th Ave S and 11th St. S, then at Hulsey (in front) to bring the set back up to the 3rd floor and the costume rack to my office. We will also need to unload all costumes into my car.
- You should be done by 2pm if we all move quickly; then it's off to Yoghurt Mountain to celebrate your success. TELL me we're going! :-)
Saturday, December 10, 2011
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
It will be offered under MU 399 just for one semester, then will be offered under the proper course number & title starting fall 2012.
MU 399-00B CRN# 32587 (2 hour) - Instructor: Howard Irving (But Dr. Cho will be teaching it). The time frame is Monday/Wednesday 3:35-4:25.
Please register, folks! We fought hard to offer this class for you.
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
|You asked for it: you got it! I'll lead a little light stretching, breath work, and meditation to ease you through finals week. Bring a yoga mat if you wish and comfortable clothes that allow you to move. If you want to just unwind but aren't interested in yoga, feel free to just come and enjoy the chance to relax and do the breath work. Everyone is welcome: spread the word.|
Monday, December 5, 2011
Friday, December 2, 2011
This is going to be a great show, folks. Thanks for your read-through today and flexibility with regard to space issues. This is a terrific cast, and I truly look forward to our play/work!
Everyone has been cleared to register...if I already had your B00 number. If not, send it to me and I'll clear you to register for Opera Workshop.
Remember to email me any conflicts as soon as you know of them. I'll be making a production calendar once juries are over. Stay tuned on the blog and come get your script and score the minute they arrive! I'm also happy to burn CDs for anyone who wants them.
Thanks again, and good luck with finals and juries.
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Hi folks, I have your jury sheets, and am happy to go over them with you. Though many of you may already be gone, I am here for the next t...
Following is the schedule as we make the final push to opening night. Review your blocking and music daily: we do not have time to re-teach,...
Thursday, October 27 3:30-4:10 closing scene pp. 57-end 4:15-5 All (we'll let everyone but Mothers go early) pp. 47-52 Friday, Octob...
Hi folks, Here is an interesting post from Carol Kirkpatrick that I thought would be timely for many of you. Enjoy. Perfection as a...