Just a few reminders regarding juries, especially for those who are new this semester:
- Bring five copies of your repertoire form to the jury. Be sure all composers are entered and that you have signed the bottom, including your average number of practice hours per week.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early to your jury. This gives you time to relax, and for us to move along if we happen to be running early or if someone else is running late.
- Someone will come to get you: please wait outside Hulsey until you are called.
- Dress nicely: "Sunday best" is always a good rule.
- Don't expect applause, and don't bow. Do expect us to be writing comments.
- Enjoy every moment. This is another opportunity to perform. Relish it!
- Know that we want you to succeed. We are your biggest cheerleaders.
Afterward, send me your spring schedule ASAP. Please also send any requests for lesson times or repertoire you might have. While I reserve "veto rights," I love when students take initiative. I'll post repertoire assignments here by next week, along with the schedule as soon as everyone has sent theirs to me.
Bring something learned to your first lesson the week for January 11, ready to work. As always, be sure your pianist has the music in advance. S/he has the right to refuse to play for your first lesson if you have not done so!