What type of clinician would you like SNATS to provide in Spring 2018?

Friday, December 4, 2015

Spring 2016 Opera Workshop

Hi folks,

A bit more information on Opera Workshop for the spring:

Class meets from TR 3:30-5:15, with a break in the middle of class. We'll only meet for the entire time during the first week or two, while we do some movement exercises, sing for each other, and assign music. After that, you'll only be called when your scene is being worked, which would mean only about 30-60 minutes total per week. We'll meet for the entire class period again as we near the performance date, which is April 14. After the performance, we'll only meet one more time to watch the performance video. It is a one-credit class.

This is a low-stress, low-commitment way to explore performing further, and gets you moving on stage. This really helps me get to know your work before choosing a show for next fall. It also gives you experience preparing a role, even if it's only a partial role.

If you have requests for music you'd like to learn, or shows that you particularly love, please let me know. I love it when students express preferences and take some initiative. Of course, the final decision will rest on my shoulders, as I balance the program and everyone's needs, but I like to honor requests when I can.

If you'd like to register, email me at khw@uab.edu with your B00 number and I'll give instructor permission.

No comments:

Voice Performance Class 4/19

We will all meet together in HRH today, 4/19/19.