What type of clinician would you like SNATS to provide in Spring 2018?

Monday, March 14, 2011

Kudos to Purcell and Britten casts

Darlings, you gave a wonderful performance Saturday night, and I couldn't be happier for you. I promise to write a longer love note when I have better access to a computer. In the meantime, I thought you'd appreciate reading what Jodi Haskins (violin and Music Appreciation prof) had to say via Facebook:
Absolutely fabulous performance tonight! I was with 18 students and my dad ( a Westminster grad, too) We took up the 3rd row! What at great place to sit! The singing was outstanding...the acting was outstanding..My dad mentioned how the movement can make or break a work and he commented how tonight was just perfectly done! We couldn't stop talking about how tremendously hard the Britten was but the cast just pulled it off like it was nothing! The men's voices were stunning! Very, very well done! During intermission, my students kept telling me how Dido's voice sounded just like the recording we have from class. She did a beautiful job on her lament and aria at the end! I was so glad my students got to hear it live! Well....I could go on and on! My dad and I thoroughly enjoyed our evening! That was certainly a huge undertaking and you need more then just next week off! Thank you so much for your hard work. Please tell the students they were FABULOUS!

No comments:

Voice Performance Class 4/19

We will all meet together in HRH today, 4/19/19.