What type of clinician would you like SNATS to provide in Spring 2018?

Sunday, April 8, 2018

12 Tiny Changes #11: be grateful


Studies show that it isn't happy people that are grateful: it's grateful people that are happy. Remembering even the smallest pieces of our good fortune can increase our joy.

Each day, preferably right before you go to sleep, make a list of things that make you feel grateful. I keep a small journal next to my bed and write one page before going to sleep. That page fits about 6-10 items, and they vary. But every night, I find there is something that makes me count my blessings. There's even an app for that, if you want to be all high-tech about it. But I like writing it the old-fashioned way: it feels more real.

On a rough day, you might be able to only name two things. You might even only be able to say you're thankful for a bed and for making it through the day. But those are good things, regardless. I know that every day, I'm grateful for my husband, my job, our home, enough to eat...the get the picture.

During the final stretch of the semester, a little gratitude might help you keep some perspective. If nothing else, bear in mind how many people on this planet never go to college. Humbling, isn't it?

Give it a try and see if you notice a shift in your attitude over time. 

No comments:

Voice Performance Class 4/19

We will all meet together in HRH today, 4/19/19.