What type of clinician would you like SNATS to provide in Spring 2018?

Monday, January 7, 2013

Classes begin this week

Welcome back, folks! I hope you have had a wonderful and restful break. As always, I'm looking forward to hearing your beautiful voices again.

Studio Lessons
This week, I need to see each of you for 30 minutes, and I'm only here Wednesday and Thursday before I leave for a recital this weekend. I will post a sign-up sheet on my door tomorrow (Tuesday). Please sign up for a half hour slot and we'll vocalize, plan the semester, etc. DO NOT WAIT until Convocation on Wednesday to sign up: I'll need to see some of you that morning to get to everyone!

As of now, I have only received two schedules (thank you, Nole and Jake). Everyone needs to submit their schedule ASAP. Email is fine, and I only need to know your available times. I don't need a calendar of everything you're doing, unless you really want to share. Keep it simple.

Remember that I cannot teach you if you have not registered.


Opera Workshop
This semester, we will only meet at regular class time, T/Th 3:30-5:15, and everyone will be required to be there all the time. *If your scholarship requires you to be in this class, be sure that you are!* Our plan this semester is to do an aria night, perhaps with duets if we have time. We will focus on role study, audition techniques, and body use. We will have several guest clinicians, including Dr. Vanessa Cornett-Murtada, who will be giving a Convocation on using self-hypnosis to combat performance anxiety, and another master class by MET mezzo-soprano Janet Hopkins. It will be a fun (and low-stress) semester!

If you have any aria requests, please talk to both me AND your voice teacher about your ideas. All arias must be approved by both of us. You should find your voice lesson repertoire will take an expressive leap forward with this class as well!

All overrides have been entered. Please register ASAP, and let me know if you have any problems.

Love y'all madly!


No comments:

Voice Performance Class 4/19

We will all meet together in HRH today, 4/19/19.