What type of clinician would you like SNATS to provide in Spring 2018?

Monday, November 19, 2012

Congratulations, WIDOW folks!

Darling students,

As the post-performance glow and fatigue start to fade, I wanted to tell you again how proud I am of all of you. You put on two very entertaining shows this past weekend, and the second was even stronger than the first. You followed direction and filled the stage more beautifully on closing night, and it made a real difference not only visually, but it really helped your voices carry into the house in dialogue and in the musical numbers. You incorporated many of the final details I asked, and I applaud you.

It was gratifying to see you grow in your characters: every single one of you made strong choices. During the group scenes, it was wonderful to see each of you developing very clear, personal stories with each other. People I was sitting next to were commenting on how interesting each of those scenes were because of it! Some people noted the marital spats, some the flirting, some noticed the rock/paper/scissors bit...all of you were interesting and committed, and that's one of the most important aspects of theatre. Your gorgeous ensemble singing was also noted by some who grew up going to concerts with the Philadelphia Orchestra, so that's high praise!

One of the most beautiful things in this show, though, was your spirit and the camaraderie you developed in the last days of the show. It truly warmed my heart to see you all hugging backstage after the show, helping each other with makeup, and working as an absolute team through the scene shifts. Even the final whoop of triumph when the last score was erased was an indication that you were all in this together, and that, my friends, is what it's all about. I loved that there was no complaining about the final requirements of a show...some people do bellyache about it, and they miss out when they don't realize that it's all part of the process. You embraced it all, and I love you for it.

Thank you very much for the many cards, chocolates, and flowers. You have no idea how much they mean to me, and I cherish each and every one (and I keep all of them. But not the chocolate...that's rapidly disappearing!). I will pass along your cards to Julia and Joe, and am glad and touched that you included them in your thanks.

I am grateful to have walked this path with you. Thank you for stretching beyond your comfort zones, for working as hard as you did with such delightful energy, and for being the beautiful people that you are. Stay tuned for the DVD viewing day, which will be sometime after Thanksgiving. I know that, at my table this year, I'll be giving thanks for you.

Love y'all madly!




No comments:

Voice Performance Class 4/19

We will all meet together in HRH today, 4/19/19.