What type of clinician would you like SNATS to provide in Spring 2018?

Monday, September 24, 2012

Alexander Technique: Intention

To sum up Professor Brody's speech about intention at the end of his master class:

1. I know what I want...
2. ...and I really want it.
3. I understand what I can do NOW... (I may not be able to do it all YET...)
4. ...and I'm willing to organize my thinking and my actions to get it.

How we choose to use ourselves determines our quality of life, short and long-term. This can mean how we sit, what we eat or drink (and when), how we breathe to sing or play, how we choose to reach for something, how we get in and out of a chair...the list goes on and on.

Live with this and see what happens! Remember that we all slide backward from time to time: it's part of being human. The key is to get back on course when we do.

No comments:

Voice Performance Class 4/19

We will all meet together in HRH today, 4/19/19.