What type of clinician would you like SNATS to provide in Spring 2018?

Monday, March 12, 2018

Tiny Change #9: rediscover childhood


It's Spring Break, so it seemed time to lighten things up a bit. This week is my chance to get out my crayons and color. (To be fair, it's actually Catch Up On Work week for me, but I'm trying to build in just a little fun while y'all are at the beach.)

Most of us have a hobby from childhood that makes us happy, calm, or relaxed. Mine is coloring. Luckily, my husband doesn't seem to mind that I'm a kid underneath it all, and has supported my habit by giving me coloring books, markers, and colored pencils. It all started when he got me an enormous set of Crayolas, and I squealed with glee. Thanks to him, I'm pretty much set for life. 

While weeks or months might pass without coloring, when I return to it, there's probably a silly grin on my face. The world looks different after even a short coloring indulgence. I've even found that, if I whip out the crayons and get creative for 15 minutes before practicing, I have a very different practice session. It's hard to describe, but trust me, it's much better.

What's your childhood hobby? This Spring Break, maybe it's time to rediscover it...and reclaim it for a few minutes a day, even during the semester. For this week, go crazy and enjoy it every day.




No comments:

Voice Performance Class 4/19

We will all meet together in HRH today, 4/19/19.