What type of clinician would you like SNATS to provide in Spring 2018?

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Tiny Change #6: Read

Read, you ask? I read all day; I'm a student. You want me to read more?


No, I suggest you read something different. Read something that feeds your soul even if it's only for 10 minutes a day, preferably first thing in the morning. My stack of reading material is ever-growing. Yours should reflect your own spiritual journey and curiosities.

My husband's dear friend Dave starts his day with a short Bible study. Dave is one of the steadiest, most centered people that I know. Clearly, it does something for him.

My reading in the morning varies. Right now, it's Borysenko's "Fire in the Soul." In the past, it's been everything from Frankl's "Man's Search for Meaning" to Morinis's "Everyday Holiness" to Medina's "Brain Rules" to various books on meditation. Next on my wish list is "Rapt: Attention and the Focused Life." 

When you start your day reading something that stirs your spirit, not just your brain, it's like setting your compass before setting out to sea. And let's face it, sometimes the waters are pretty choppy.

No comments:

Voice Performance Class 4/19

We will all meet together in HRH today, 4/19/19.